At Lotus, we love children and we love to challenge, entertain, teach healthy body awareness and empower them.
Legat & Pre-Point Style of Classical Ballet
Children and parents love the calm environment, small class size and the fun, clear focus on classical ballet technique with just the right blend of theatre and improvisation. Students must have ballet shoes and a black leotard. No previous ballet experience required.
LEGAT BALLET (ages 7-12)
We provide Legat ballet classes on:
- Thursdays at 4:15-5:15pm (ages 7-12)
- Saturdays at 10-11am (ages 5-7)
- Saturdays at 11am-12pm (ages 7-12)
PRE-POINT BALLET (ages 10+)
We are offering NEW pre point ballet classes on:
- Tuesdays from 4:15-5:15pm for children (ages 10+)
- Fall 2019 Term Dates: Week of September 16th to the week of December 9th (with a one-week break from Oct. 21-25)
- One-day per week for the 12-week term: $240
- One-day per week for the 12-week term (for current Padma Buds participants – see below): $100
WHAT TO WEAR
- Black leotard
- Pink or black ballet shoes
- Flesh tone or pink tights
Lotus Buds (Children’s) Aerial Class for ages 5–16
Silks, Lyra and Pole Fitness training combines acrobatics, gymnastics, strength training and artistry. It is anaerobic and aerobic, improves flexibility, builds and maintains lean muscle mass, increases bone strength and density, boosts metabolism and mood. Lotus is aiming to train Bermuda’s 1st Aerial Team.
Getting to Padma
Padma is now located on 8 Marsh Lane in Devonshire. Rides from Hamilton are available Monday-Friday. Pick up is at Hamilton bus terminal (on the side closest to Victoria Park near the circular bench). Pick up is between 3:30-4:05 to allow kids from all parishes to arrive. Each ride is $3. Rides must be purchased in advance. A credit for each unused ride will be on your child’s account without expiration.
Days of the week:
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 4 – 5:30pm
- Lotus Aerial team: Same as above, however, Monday practices ends at 6:30pm and Fridays until 7:30pm.
Fall 2019 Schedule:
- September 16th to December 13th, 2019
Costs for the 12-week term (includes all three days):
- $180 (Aerial Team)
- $200 (Returning Lotus Buds)
- $240 (New Lotus Buds)
Children may attend one, two or three days per week; however, parents must decide up front which days of the week their children are attending. Please only sign up for the days the child can attend, otherwise a spot is taken that someone else could have attended.
Sign up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Spots fill up quickly.
What to Wear:
- Clean socks
- A light jacket
- Leggings to be worn over pole fitness shorts
- Leggings must be worn in all silks, hammocks and lyra classes
- NO zippers, buttons, jewelry or earrings that could possibly rip Lotus fabrics
Interested in Lotus Buds Classes?
You may visit our online schedule for regularly scheduled Lotus Buds classes, and if we have any current workshops, you will see these listed above on this page.